Image Map

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Directed Drawing Fun and Book Talk Thursday Linky!

Hi, friends! This week, we started a mini-unit on fractured fairy tales. On our first day, we did Cinderella and did a little directed drawing (youtube is seriously amazing & we used this site: How to Draw Cinderella Step-by-step video which has many other options for drawings). I had never done one with my class before, so it was quite the treat...if you have never done one be ready for giggles galore. I can't tell you how much fun it was, and such a great activity for following directions and working on fine motor skills. Here are a few of my favorites:


We are linking up with *Reading Toward the Stars!* for Book Talk Thursday Linky Party and wanted to share some stories that we are reading this week!


If you are working on fractured fairy tales, we are really enjoying these books (and they are great for point of view, too!):



I will be back this weekend for a little freebie and idea to go along with it! Can't wait to share it! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! Those books look like so much fun! I will have to get those for my 3rd graders when we work on fairy tales! And Cinderella looks beautiful! I bet you did get some giggles the entire time.

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete