Image Map

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Five for Friday....errr Saturday and a Fluency Freebie!

Hello, friends! I meant to post yesterday, but I got to cleaning and then poof, time just got away from me. I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday (or Saturday in my case!).



First things first...I realized there really aren't any pictures of me or Emily on here (that's me on the right!). So, I thought I would share one. Here we are!



This week in first grade we were working really hard on expanding sentences and making them beautiful! Students had to use a noun, verb, and adjective and wrote fun, silly sentences. They wrote them using StoryBuddy or StoryCreater (fabulous apps!). Here are a few:







This is a bit of old news...but I forgot to share --I passed all of my Ohio Resident Educator tasks!! AHHHH!! I can't tell you how nervous I was when I got that e-mail that my scores were in and was not sure if I could check it. My year is the first year of doing year 3 (last year) and we received our scores this year. More information here...Ohio RESA. Anyone else in year 1, 2, 3, or 4?


After seeing pictures of some of my favorite bloggers (Step Into Second GradeKickin' It In KindergartenShenanigans in Second, The First Grade Parade, and One Extra Degree to name a few)....I have The Ron Clark Academy on my bucket list. It looks AMAZING (I owe a dollar to the Bachelor jar, ha -- anyone see that episode?!). But, seriously what an inspirational, exciting, and positive approach to school and I would love to gain some new ideas!

As my final five for Friday (and to thank you for reading all the way until the end!) here is a little fluency freebie chart. Students will do a cold read on a fluency passage on their guided reading level on Monday, set a goal, read each night at home and each day at school, do a hot read on Friday. Hopefully they were able to meet their goal. I am also going to make up three comprehension questions to check for understanding, too. I will be doing this twice a month. Students understand they are to read like a good reader, not racing, and stop at punctuation. Enjoy!


Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment